Monday, August 11, 2008

MARK MY SPITZ. 2006




Let me entroduce myself, my namez spitz
Mark to the flash pint, my tongue slice slits
No swummin' pool for me to fool in so i spat my fits
When i'm finished don't be askin why Tony Blair called it quits.

Stunk drunk and disorderly im back in the bottle of witts.
Untitled Blingdom boy to fish from the heart of great black gritz
no matter what they pay me brothers, the winnings we splits.
I swear i'm mad as a fish gets.

Dangerous when wet when the sportsczar permits
Any public pool service shutting down cuz of crooked gitz
But don't worry mark my words, marked like turds,
These flake and bloodthirsty politicos blow common sense to blitz
Their rhetoric and bankspeak, newstalk and knee-jerk.
Dem eatin' roast duck while my peeps spooning grits for kicks.

I'm having fits in the pool and i commits to the role,
Of chief splasher, wave maker, backstroke slack-2-wack waterword spacka'
Wet leg speaker of peace, bring a flask or a beaker and drink your peace.

Me mark to the spitz in this bottle of whats its, wet sits
With a bunch of sap headed council-men and some other old twits
Mark never submits to the lies and slits, 8 golds in my sights.
And still i like to grind my girl every night and play breat-stroke on her tits.
Calm your laughing fix the Olympics.

My names mark so make a note, strong swimmer like TUG-BOAT
Come sail with me baby on my twelve inch clipper
Let me try your throat, loosen that overcoat
DADA is not dead.

If i had my Merry Hill pool my tongue wd/ be cool & calmer
But spitz is the name now, and i'm bringin pharmageddon skitz
With only my birthday kit on i got a point to prove,
Spitz licks the chicks to study and watch the water move in the groove.

Listen up Black Country Illympiads
Come listen to my next typeface from brainwashington,
Flive just swum back from four years on the run,
Fly swim the line and hung to dry the facts for 3.
If i ain't swimming i'm screwin, or thinkin i'm super-fly
Spitzfire to take my ego facts higher, stronger, fitter
Keep the tax lower and help the rivers flower:
The message my spitz transmits.

I want to swim man, thats all
Without no water how do you fully front crawl?
all i got left is my freestyle, first off the blocks
i don't care, i dive into rocks, mud ponds and sewers.
I takes a dive into jive turkey rap land and build.
I don't worry about my rep cuz my reps with the band,
Coming back from a foreign land to an empty pool,
what these pricks expect? i was planning swimmajik 33/3 yards.
Now its all gone bulldozed and its tragic, comic?

How about a NEW swimming pool and some money for NEW teachers
Rather than backhanded deals for Church yard preachers,
I've just had enough, i'm going off (AGAIN) puff!
Steaming out of the water like a fishy gas.
Bright Green.

Fill back up the pool, you dirty crooked bastards
Its already poverty here my dear, is that not clear t you
Schools close and your put extra tax on water,
yo, how could i survive with a son and a daughter?
Give us our water.


"Sport England say they've donated £300m in lottery money to swimming over the past twelve years. So why are we getting such a poor return on that investment. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/4651040.stm

--Steven Pratt. 2006.
(Edited 2008)

2 comments:

Steve Fly Agaric said...

Man made baths invented for physical maths
A swimming pool for us to find our roots
As if floating through spacetime paths
No need for a helmet, gloves or boots
Nearly naked, exposed are swimming flows
Muscles and mind developing alternately
Each stroke a human symbol which slows
Time and shows perfect homosapien fluidity,
A cup of home brew we developed and grew in
A water womb world where wonderment dwells,
Horizontal movement through liquid seraphim
Flipper feet and rudder arms and rushing sound of sea shells
Tuning into the tadpool hyms
A wiggle through water creating propulsion and motion
Similar movement to our early dance as fish in ocean.

Steve Fly Agaric said...

Mark my Spitz!


.For a guy who wears a Speedo to work, Michael Phelps sure seems to have a lot of room on his person to advertise.

So much so that Phelps' corporate partners -- Speedo, Nike, Adidas and Visa -- have enjoyed estimated in-broadcast exposure valued at $9 million through Tuesday night, according to Joyce Julius & Associates in Ann Arbor, Mich.

The firm is one of a handful of media companies that track logos and corporate branding during television broadcasts in order to estimate the perceived value that accrues to sponsors.

Big money is involved. Back on July 9, Ticket To Beijing wrote about a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that set Nike's endorsement and sponsorship obligations in coming years at just under $3.4 billion. That's a huge jump from a decade ago, when Nike's endorsement and sponsorship obligations were about $500 million.

Joyce Julius calculates that Phelps' corporate partners have combined for six minutes of exposure during prime time. The company estimates the value of on-screen time by calculating the cost of commercial spots running during NBC's broadcasts.

Phelps' races are won by cutting down on the number of seconds spent in the pool, but sponsors obviously win when the seconds mount up.

Nike's winning time through Tuesday night was 3:33 -- the minutes and seconds that Phelps wore his warm-up jacket with the Nike logo. Joyce Julius set the value to Nike at $5.3 million.

The Speedo logos on Phelps’ warm-up jacket, swim cap and bodysuit currently are in second place with 2:24 of airtime valued at $3.6 million. The remaining time was shared by Adidas and Visa.

Joyce Julius estimates that Phelps has accounted for 72% of Nike’s swimming-related exposure during NBC’s nighttime coverage, and 18% of Speedo's in-your-face time with Olympic fans.

-- Greg Johnson

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympics_blog/2008/08/body-by-phelps.html